Patient Management and Clinical Recommendations During The Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic
Update #12: Testing and Vaccine Truths
It has been one year since the first case of COVID-19 was identified in the United States (U.S.). Despite the downturn in transmission rates in the U.S. during the summer months, the pandemic continues to have a firm grip on the nation, with most states experiencing a continued upswing in case numbers. At this time, there is widespread community transmission of COVID-19 and high numbers of hospitalized patients in most U.S. states. Given the morbidity and mortality of COVID-19, prevention remains a top priority.
In the current update, the ASRM Coronavirus/COVID-19 Task Force (the “Task Force”)1 continues to support strict adherence to its earlier recommended mitigation strategies for disease prevention, including use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), implementation of travel restrictions and quarantines when appropriate (see Update #3).
Additionally, the Task Force is issuing this update to assist reproductive care specialists in counseling their patients and their communities regarding the long-term effects of having suffered COVID-19, the new variants of SARS-Cov-2 being reported, truths about use of testing and vaccines for SARS-CoV-2, when to consider performing surgery after a COVID-19 diagnosis, and information regarding vaccine hesitancy and pandemic-related stress.
Read the Full Text Recommendations:
- Update #12 - published January 19, 2021
- Update #11 - published December 16, 2020
- Update #10 - published November 17, 2020
- Update #9 - published October 12, 2020
- Update #8 - published September 8, 2020
- Update #7 - published August 10, 2020
- Update #6 - published July 10, 2020
- Update #5 - published June 8, 2020
- Update #4 - published May 11, 2020
- Update #3 - published April 24, 2020
- Update #2 - published April 13, 2020
- Update #1 - published March 30, 2020
- Patient Management and Clinical Recommendations During The Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic - published March 17, 2020