Arnold P. Gold Foundation Humanism In Medicine Award For Practicing Physicians
- Demonstrate significant patient advocacy
- Demonstrate compassion and empathy in the delivery of patient care;
- Display competence in scientific endeavors;
- Show respect for patients, families and co-workers;
- Demonstrate cultural sensitivity in working with patient and family members of diverse backgrounds;
- Display effective, empathic communication and listening skills;
- Understand a patient’s need for interpretation of complex medical diagnoses and treatments and make an effort to ensure patient comprehension;
- Understand and show respect for the patient’s viewpoint;
- Be sensitive to the patient’s psychological well-being; and identify emotional concerns of patients and family members;
- Engender trust and confidence.
Each nomination must include
- A letter of nomination
- The nominee’s curriculum vitae and a summary of accomplishments in the field of patient care in reproductive medicine.
- Each nomination must be accompanied by letters of support from at least two additional members of the Society. ASRM members may nominate themselves. A candidate must have been a member of ASRM for at least one year prior to nomination for the award.
Selection of the award recipient will be made by the Executive Committee of the ASRM based on the candidate’s record of achievement and recognition as an outstanding empathic physician. The recipient will be notified and will be recognized as the recipient of the Arnold P. Gold Foundation Humanism in Medicine Award by presentation of a plaque at the ASRM Scientific Congress & Expo. The recipient will also be provided with free registration for the Scientific Congress.
Congratulations to the 2020 Arnold P. Gold Foundation Humanism in Medicine Award for Practicing Physicians Recipients
The 2020 recipients of the Humanism in Medicine Award are Alicia Christy, M.D., Veterans Health Administration, and William Gibbons, M.D., Texas Children’s Hospital.
- 2014 Richard Dickey, M.D., Ph.D.
- 2015 Jason S. Griffith, M.D.
- 2016 Selwyn Oskowitz, M.D.
- 2017 Gilbert L. Mottla, M.D.
- 2018 Eve C. Feinberg, M.D.
- 2019 Mark D. Hornstein, M.D.
- 2020 Alicia Y Christy M.D. and William E Gibbons,M.D.