SRS-SMRU Travel Scholar Award for Male Reproductive Surgery
Congratulations to the 2022 Winner
- MACHINE-LEARNING ENABLED PREDICTION OF SUCCESSFUL SPERM RETRIEVAL FOR MICRODISSECTION TESTICULAR SPERM EXTRACTION. Daniel Greenberg; et al.
The objective of the SRS-SMRU Travel Scholars Award is to provide an opportunity for any trainee in reproductive medicine whose abstract submission focuses on male reproductive surgery to expand their educational and networking experience in the field by attending educational activities at the annual Scientific Congress & Expo of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM).
- Registration fee waived for the 2022 ASRM Scientific Congress & Expo.
- Registration fee waived for any approved 2022 ASRM’s affiliate Society for Reproductive Surgery (SRS) Postgraduate Course or Society for Male Reproduction and Urology Course.
- Registration fee waived for one 2022 Roundtable Luncheon.
- One year membership in ASRM and SRS and SMRU.
- Private meeting with reproductive medicine and surgery leaders at the ASRM Scientific Congress & Expo or SRS/SMRU Podium Lunch Session or Podium-talk Reception – TBD
- A certificate of recognition.
- Travel and lodging funded to attend the [year] ASRM Scientific Congress & Expo (up to $2,350 in travel expenses reimbursed).
Eligibility and Application
- Applicants must be trainees in the field of reproductive medicine (students, residents, fellows, graduate students, or postdoctoral fellows) whose abstract submission to the ASRM Scientific Congress & Expo follows a reproductive medicine theme with a focus on male reproductive surgery.
- The application must be submitted between February 16 and April 20 of the year in which the SRS-SMRU Travel Scholars Award will be used.
- Selection will be based on scientific merit of abstract and qualifications of the presenter.
- Award decisions will be made by a committee appointed by the ASRM Chief Education and Science Officer, and decisions are not appealable.
- Applicants must be the first author of an abstract submitted using the ASRM online abstract submission website.
- Only one abstract per applicant may be submitted.
- Applicant must select the SRS-SMRU Travel Scholar Award on the award page during abstract submission.
- To receive reimbursement for travel costs, awardees must attend all the sessions assigned on each day of the ASRM Scientific Congress.
Applicants must send the following:
- A copy of the submitted abstract printed from the “Review and Submit” page from the abstract submission system portal.
- A completed application form.
- Applicant’s curriculum vitae.
- A letter of recommendation from the applicant’s mentor.
Prior to submitting an application, applicants and their training supervisor should ensure the applicant’s availability to participate in the ASRM Scientific Congress & Expo in the year they are applying. Failure of an awardee to present the applicant’s abstract or failure of an awardee to attend award designated activities without a legitimate medical excuse may result in penalties to the awardee, including denial of travel reimbursement to the awardee and/or denial of abstract submissions from the trainee’s program for a period of two years.