Grand Rounds: Female Infertility
Presented by Randall R. Odem, M.D., Washington University School of Medicine
The American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology has developed guidelines for learning for the subspecialty of reproductive endocrinology and infertility (REI). These guidelines specify that training in this subspecialty should include training concerning female infertility. This live internet activity is designed to provide such training to reproductive endocrinology and infertility fellows as well as other practitioners of reproductive medicine. The activity will consist of a didactic presentation followed by a question and answer session.
At the conclusion of the educational activity, participants should be able to:
- State their understanding of basic infertility facts.
- Direct an appropriate evaluation of the infertile female.
- Identify infertility testing that is no longer indicated.
- Counsel infertility patients about lifestyle issues.
- Utilize evidence-based information to make therapeutic decisions for infertility patients.