ASRM Launches Reproductive Care Protection Fund—A special project of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine
Jul 22, 2022
By: ASRM Office of Public Affairs
Origin: ASRM Announcement
We CANNOT let that happen.
The impact of this decision hurt, but now is not the time to lick our wounds and flee—now is the time to act! Now is the time to fight, state by state, to ensure our patients can continue to access the important services they need.
Over the past several weeks ASRM staff have been busy, working for you—our members. We’ve created a webpage dedicated to Dobbs resources that includes a State Abortion Trigger Laws report, toolkits for how to communicate with your patients, recordings of multiple webinars featuring experts, and more.
But there is much more work to be done, and to obtain additional needed tools, we need your help.
ASRM has dedicated a significant amount of money to a fund we are calling the Reproductive Care Protection Fund.
Specifically, this fund will allow us to:
- Hire lobbyists in key states
- We’ve already hired someone in Indiana, which will be the first state to have a special legislative session since the Dobbs decision came down.
- Pay for thorough legal analysis of proposed bills and develop alternative language when needed
- Pay for Public Relations help in delivering and crafting messages
- Craft and place advertisements in states where the issue will be decided via ballot measures (i.e. Kansas 2022 and potentially Pennsylvania 2023)
Join your colleagues in the effort to ensure you can continue to provide the care your patients need!
Click here to donate now! Our ability to advocate on your behalf is directly related to the resources we can bring to bear.
Donate to the Reproductive Care Protection Fund
*ASRM is a 501(c)3 organization and all donations are tax deductible to the full extent of the law. ASRM’s advocacy and lobbying activities operate within the guidelines defined by the US Internal revenue Service (IRS) for 501(c)3 organizations.