Congratulations to Judy E. Stern, Ph.D., the winner of the 2015 Suheil J. Muasher Distinguished Service Award
Nominations are being sought for the 2016 Suheil J. Muasher, M.D., Distinguished Service Award
This award is intended to recognize and honor individuals or organizations that have provided distinguished service to the ASRM. Nominees may be either ASRM members or non-ASRM members. The recipient or recipients will be selected based on scientific, leadership, organizational, political or societal service contributions to the ASRM, reproductive medicine and/or reproductive medicine patients.
Nominations may be submitted to Andrew R. La Barbera, Ph.D., ASRM Chief Scientific Officer, by members of the Society before June 1, 2016. Nominations must include a letter of nomination and a summary of the nominee’s contributions to the field of reproductive medicine and the Society. The recipient will be selected by the Executive Committee and notified by August 1, 2016. Previous nominees will be considered.
The recipient will be recognized as the Suheil J. Muasher, M.D., Distinguished Service Awardee by presentation of a plaque at the ASRM 2016 Scientific Congress & Expo in Salt Lake City, Utah. In addition, the recipient will be provided with free registration for the Scientific Congress, airfare/travel expenses up to $500, and up to $800 for two days hotel accommodations in the ASRM hotel room block, meals and ground transportation.
Previous recipients of the ASRM Distinguished Service Award:
- 2000 Ronald Linhardt, M.D., Donna Vogel, M.D., Ph.D.
- 2001 George A. Hill, M.D.
- 2002 Richard D. Amelar, M.D., Lawrence Dubin, M.D.
- 2003 Andrew E. Good, M.D., Florence P. Haseltine, Ph.D., M.D.
- 2004 Stuart S. Howards, M.D.
- 2005 Lee Lee Doyle, Ph.D., Marguerite K. Shepard, M.D.
- 2006 Jacob M. Mayer, Jr, Ph.D., David I. Hoffman, M.D.
- 2007 John A. Robertson, J.D., Duane Alexander, M.D.
- 2008 Paul G. McDonough, M.D., Miriam B. Rosenthal, M.D.
- 2009 Roger Kempers, M.D., M.S., Kamran Moghissi, M.D.
- 2010 David N. Curole, M.D., John T. Queenan, M.D.
- 2011 Alan H. DeCherney, M.D.
- 2012 Eli Reshef, M.D.
- 2013 Judith F. Daar, J.D.
- 2014 Barbara L. Collura, M.A.
- 2015 Judy E. Stern, Ph.D.
year ASRM honors individuals or organizations that have provided distinguished
service to ASRM. Recipients are selected based on their scientific, leadership,
organizational, political or societal service contributions to ASRM,
reproductive medicine and/or reproductive medicine patients. In 2015 the
Society recognizes Judy E. Stern, Ph.D., for her contributions to the field of
reproductive medicine through the systematic analysis of clinic performance and
patient outcomes data in order to improve the quality of reproductive care. Dr.
Stern appreciated the wealth of information in the SARTCORS database early on
and initiated efforts by the Society for Assisted Reproductive Technology to
study the trends in clinical practice patterns and their consequences. Through
her data analyses and the institution of the Infertility Family Research
Registry she has made important contributions to the understanding of the
etiology of infertility and the safety of ART.