Resource Roundup: Male Reproductive Health
Date: November 06, 2023
November is Men’s Health Awareness Month! To help both providers and patients, we have rounded up ASRM resources pertaining to male reproductive health. Read on to see the Practice Documents, Patient Fact Sheets, podcast episodes, and web pages we have ready to help you highlight men’s reproductive health.
Practice Documents for Male InfertilityStay up to date with the latest advancements and evidence-based practices in male infertility with ASRM’s Practice Documents, including:
- Diagnostic Evaluation of Sexual Dysfunction in the Male Partner in the Setting of Infertility: a Committee Opinion (2023)
- Optimizing Natural Fertility: a Committee Opinion (2022)
- Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (CSI) for Non–male Factor Indications: a Committee Opinion (2020)
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Infertility in Men: AUA/ASRM Guideline Part I (2021)
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Infertility in Men: AUA/ASRM Guideline Part II (2021)
Patient Fact SheetsEmpower your patients with accurate information to facilitate informed discussions and enable active participation in their reproductive health decisions! ASRM’s Patient Fact Sheets are designed to provide patients with accurate and up-to-date information about their options and to help them make informed decisions about their care.
ASRM has many Patient Fact Sheets pertaining to male reproductive health, including:
- Surgical Techniques for Sperm Retrieval: What Should I Know?
- Testosterone Use and Male Infertility
- What Is Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)?
- Diagnostic Testing for Male Factor Infertility
- Fertility Options After Vasectomy
- Male Cancer, Cryopreservation, and Fertility
- Male Infertility Evaluation: What Do I Need to Know?
- Optimizing Male Fertility
- Sperm Morphology (Shape): Does It Affect Fertility?
Podcast Episodes for Male Reproductive HealthTune in to podcast episodes dedicated to male reproductive health on ASRM Today, SART Fertility Experts, and Fertility and Sterility on Air. These podcasts provide expert opinions, case studies, and the latest research findings, allowing you to stay abreast of developments in the field and help your patients better understand the complexities of reproductive medicine. Download episodes wherever you access your podcasts or use the links below to visit each podcast and search for male-related topics.
The Male Fertility JourneyAn easy way to give your patients a comprehensive overview of treating infertility is to direct them to the Male Fertility Journey page on ReproductiveFacts.org. This landing page explores the causes of infertility, explains evaluation of male fertility, and discusses improving the chance of pregnancy with intercourse and optimizing male fertility. The Male Fertility Journey page includes links to ASRM’s male fertility resources, including videos, patient fact sheets, and podcast episodes. Click here to access this webpage.
During the month of November, ASRM will also be highlighting these resources on our social channels. Help us shine the spotlight on the important topic of male reproductive health by liking and sharing these posts!