SREI Practice Retreat
Time:9:30 am - 4:45 pm
Location:Seaport Ballroom Mezzanine Level of the Seaport Hotel
This course is offered by The Society for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility EXCLUSIVELY for its members, associate members, and staff, with the goal of improving professional job satisfaction by enhancing business practices from a diverse group of highly qualified speakers. SPACE IS LIMITED!
Faculty: Bradley Hurst, M.D., Chair
Michael Alper, M.D. • Brian Allen • Kevin Doody, M.D. • Michael Tucker, Ph.D. • Michelle Matthews, M.D. • Alexander Dlugi, M.D.
Physicians, business managers, and support staff of reproductive endocrinology practices face tremendous challenges in adapting to changes being driven by healthcare reform and the rapid implementation of new assisted reproductive procedures. Providers are coping with diminishing compensation from insurers for services provided and increasing costs associated with expansion of ART procedures including fertility preservation and preimplantation genetic screening, while trying to maintain patient satisfaction and a healthy life-work balance.
At the conclusion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Improve ART business practice to manage a top quality program and avoid pitfalls and mistakes.
- Implement billing, collections, and coding policies to ensure appropriate compensation for services provided.
- Coordinate clinical and office procedures to maximize efficiency.
- Enact approaches to improve patient satisfaction.
- Develop a plan of staffing, training, and capital investment to incorporate new ART laboratory procedures.
- Discuss measures needed to become or maintain practice as a “Center of Excellence.”
- Modify clinical practice to achieve high job satisfaction and a good quality of life.
Format will include talks and a working lunch. All sessions are informal and highly interactive.